Re: Preferred Web Hosting service for personal websites and multiple domains

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 17:42:19 +0400

On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 2:43 PM, Pramod Teewaree <prteewaree_at_gmail.com>
wrote:

> I will be using wordpress as CMS for the new website... as far as I know
> how to customize it. It seems to be the preferred CMS not only for blog
> sites but also for websites.

​You could spin up a WordPress instance, instead of having a LAMP/LEMP
stack and playing DevOps :-)
Besides, it's okay to have some sysadmin advice from some nearby friend
while setting up stuffs. If it doesn't work out well, just drop the
instance, it might only cost you a couple of cents.​

> $ 167 a year does seem to be a bit high for me. :S

​The cheapest VPS comes at $5 / month while an average config should cost
$10 / month. Either of them, they're still less than $167 / year and will
let ​you do more than what a shared host offers.

​Regards,​

--
​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.