Re: Feeback Privacy Assesment App

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sun, 03 May 2015 06:14:49 -0700

Hello,

I would like to thank both of you for the feedback and for point out
some mistakes in the application. As the person who was managing
this Open Source project I accept responsibility for the mistakes.

At 03:02 03-05-2015, Sun wrote:
>The paragraph on the front-page seem took long for an introduction.
>Maybe consider rephrasing and using a bullet point style to make it
>easier on the eye.

Yes. I am not sure whether the text can be changed. I'll see what
can be done about that.

>The select box on the assessment page has an extra space that might
>make people wonder if there's more options not being displayed.

I see the mistake. This will be fixed.

>When scrolling, the logo hides some of the text.

I did not pay enough attention to that. It will have to be fixed.

>The submit button on the assessment page doesn't seem align/attached
>to any element visually.

Yes.

>The FAQ page. The questions give no indication that they're
>clickable or hiding more text.

Yes.

>Contacts Page, no links to the libraries used.

Yes.

>I hope this feedback helps making this great tool even better!

I will have a conversation with the developers. :-)

At 03:43 03-05-2015, fluxy wrote:
>The paragraph on the front-page seem took long for an introduction.
>Maybe consider rephrasing and using a bullet point style to make it
>easier on the eye.
>The text I am not sure can be changed - it might be meant for a
>specific audience. However who is the audience, it would be
>interesting to know.

Thanks for providing a suggestion. I'll provide some information
about the project as we could not cover that during the presentation
of the application. We started with the PDF at
http://dataprotection.govmu.org/English//DOCUMENTS/SELF%20ASSESSMENT%20PDF.PDF
There was some constraints on the content as we were developing that
in collaboration with the Data Protection Office.

>I would like to know what happens to the data collected, is it saved
>to a particular database or emailed to people (incl. the one who
>filled the form)

The Webapp does not collect any data. It does not save any
information in a database. This is to ensure that usage of the Weapp
does not create privacy issues. What is being doing is client-side
processing, i.e. the results are processed on your computer.

>One interesting improvement would be to provide a url that allows
>the user to obtain the form in its filled state, such that it might
>be shared (an employee sending to the employer).

There are privacy implications in doing that. My recommendation is
not to provide such a feature.

>Looks good, but as much as I admire the work, is it really an app -
>is it available on an app store (when I heard it being an app during
>the presentation, my first reflex was to check playstore - maybe
>this is something to consider)

We called it a Webapp as it is an application that runs in a web
browser. We would have to design a native application if we were
developing something for the playstore. This means more work for the
developers.

At 04:18 03-05-2015, Sun wrote:
>I would like to know what happens to the data collected, is it saved
>to a particular database or emailed to people (incl. the one who
>filled the form)

 From the privacy policy: "This application does not collect any
personal data of data controllers/data processors". The application
does not save any data. It does not have an email feature to send
the information to other persons.

>I thought that the data was just on the screen as it is. There is no
>back-end communications and everything happens locally in the
>browser hence there is nothing collected or sent to any other entity.

Yes.