Re: Feeback Privacy Assesment App

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Sun, 3 May 2015 17:58:51 +0400

Hi Yusuf,

On Sun, May 3, 2015 at 2:43 PM, fluxy <fx_at_fluxy.net> wrote:

> Looks good, but as much as I admire the work, is it really an app - is it
> available on an app store (when I heard it being an app during the
> presentation, my first reflex was to check playstore - maybe this is
> something to consider)

​I'd like to give my opinion on this one. I was one of the people involved
in the brainstorming of the webapp.

As SM stated earlier though, it is a webapp as the application runs on
webserver. It is not being presented as a mobile app. That is a common
confusion when people think about web applications; attention is given to
mobile apps stores (iOS, Android and Windows Phone). It is just a webapp
easily accessible on mobile phones.

The Privacy Compliance Assessment app aims to give an indication to an
organization whether they are in line with the Data Protection Act of 2004.
I don't believe the user would want to install such an application on
his/her mobile phone and use it 2 - 3 times per day. If that were the case,
I would have suggested during brainstorming phase that we make mobile app
packages.

The web application is designed to be visually pleasant on different types
of screens and it appears to be sufficient for the purpose it is designed.

One point though, I would agree that the URL might not be easily recalled
and something needs to be done about that. Maybe if there is support from
the Internet users community, it might be interesting to ask the Ministry
of TCI to host it under govmu.org. Not to forget that the application is
released under an open source license to facilitate such moves.

​Ish Sookun
- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.
- I blog at HACKLOG.in.