Peer review

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Apr 2015 15:34:12 -0700

Hi Nirvan,
At 12:06 27-04-2015, Tejas Pagooah (Nirvan) wrote:
>· If the graduates have the required
>competency or just being paper-based people –
>people who just know things in theory
> Academic intuitions tend to be more
> theory in teaching other than to be more
> practical, which the markets is actually expecting from us.

I had an interesting conversation with a person
at the conference about peer review. Peer review
is a process where people verify each other's
work. It is common outside Mauritius to see
criticism about works of science or the
arts. For example, you might read about what an
informed person has to say about a movie before
deciding whether to watch it or not. I'll
provide another example; let's say that you tell
me that the application works correctly with
Microsoft Internet Explorer. I would ask other
people to test the application to ensure that it
works correctly. Paper-based people would not be
able to review the application and provide
criticism which may be useful to you.