RE: Informatique: ces jeunes développeurs en herbe

From: Tejas Pagooah \(Nirvan\) <"Tejas>
Date: Mon, 27 Apr 2015 23:06:02 +0400

Hello all!

Yes, it’s the article based on the interview I had with one of the “L’express” journalist during the Developers Conference on the 23rd of April.

Thanks a lot ! :)

Oh yes, I emphasized a lot on the issue we had with the previous Government of Mauritius about recruiting foreign experts/consultants while there are more competent or even equivalent people (skill-wise) to those so called “experts” here itself on the island. The question was about if Mauritius could become a “Smart-Island” in the coming years and I answered accordingly.

My answer covered:

* This will depend on our government, motivation provided

* The upcoming work-force, that is the growing generation == degree holders

* If the graduates have the required competency or just being “paper-based people” – people who just know things in theory

* Academic intuitions tend to be more theory in teaching other than to be more practical, which the markets is actually expecting from us.

* Financial Support

* SMEs

* Etc.

That’s all what I covered.