Re: Web practices

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Apr 2015 23:42:03 -0700

Hi Logan,
At 22:53 18-04-2015, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>For en e-commerce website, where there are many at least 2
>transactions every minute, there is loss of money.

I wrote about the internet in Mauritius. Which e-commerce web site
is there doing two transactions a minute?

>That's a complex issue: On one end the customer is looking for the
>lowest price, and on the other end, when the customer gets hacked,
>he's angry. Experience shows that as web frameworks become complex, it
>difficult for a single solution provider to give a warranty. I don't
>know of any web agency who would provide warranty over a CMS, unless
>they wrote their own CMS, and went through a strong audit process of
>their code.

If you wish to follow the above-mentioned experience you will be
competing with people offering web sites for Rs 6000. The skills
required to create such a web site is low. Would you be able to
compete in such a market?

The above argues that it is not possible to do anything as web
frameworks are complex. I gather that we should stop talking about
security on this mailing list as the problem cannot be solved.