Security risk to .mu

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Mon, 23 Mar 2015 13:26:04 -0700

Dear Sir,

I would like to bring the following to your attention as it may be of
interest to the Republic of Mauritius.

The .mu Country Code Top Level Domain (ccTLD) is a single point of
failure. I performed an analysis to determine the security risk to
.mu. It was not possible to assess the risk given the lack of
visibility in the .mu ccTLD. The security risk is rated as
unknown. The estimated cost of the impact of a .mu failure is Rs 41,000,000.

To avoid any appearance of impropriety I'll disclose that I am serving as a
Cryptographic Officer for the DNS Root Zone and I am the Chair of the
.mu Select Committee.