Re: Security risk to .mu

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 25 Mar 2015 02:18:47 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 23:36 24-03-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>The PS of the ICT Ministry could follow the trail and get all active
>.mu domains categorized, e.g banks, insurance, service providers
>(ISP, Hosting, etc), media outlets and all. Once such a list is
>compiled a survey could be initiated asking those
>companies/organizations to assess and provide an estimate in terms
>of losses in case the .mu domain abruptly goes offline. The
>orgnizations would provide information to how critically their
>services depend on the uptime of .mu.

I prefer to be diplomatic in my communication with a Permanent
Secretary. I suggest that the persons on the Mauritius Internet
Users do that too or else it will reflect badly on the Mauritius
Internet Users.

It will take several months to follow the trail. The outcome would
be an estimate of the losses.

>I cannot assess the business impact on mcb.mu or sbmgroup.mu without
>knowing the amount of transactions happening over their network.
>It's only upto them to assess and report back. I can only speculate
>in terms of little or heavy impact. The organizations and businesses
>could however provide a more quantitative analysis.

I understand what you wrote above.