Re: .mu update (was: Difference between someone who works)

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Sat, 21 Mar 2015 19:52:52 +0400

Hello SM,

>> Based on your experience, how much would this project cost?
>>

> ​Okay. I'll give you a breakdown as per what I have in mind by Saturday
> night.

​After studying the situation and reflecting on the main aspects to why we
need a re-delegation, I'll sum-up the following:

*​Infrastructure costs*

*Servers / Connectivity*

*Site A (Mauritius)*
Rs 300,000

*Site B (Outside Mauritius)*
Rs 200,000

*Rent*
Rs 240,000

*Wages (3 Persons)*
Rs 1,820,000

*Total = Rs 2,560,000*

The above is an indicative amount and I am not putting anything as one-time
costs. I could have included a miscellaneous items row to include
additional expenses but at this level I don't think it is necessary. It's
purely indicative.

I kept the infrastructure scalable as it's absurd to invest massively in
servers to cater around ~4000 domains. Besides if the operational cost
cannot be brought down then we can never bring down the price of .mu
domain, which I should remind in one of our aims.

Coming to better management, I kept the team small and effective. Three
persons comprising of an engineer, a comminucations officer and a technical
director.

With this template I believe the price of the .mu domain name can be
halved. It is necessary to gain customer confidence and expand. It will be
the duty of the technical director to promote .mu through strategic
partners. Once we set a target of multiplying the number of active domain
names to five times the current amount, we could easily offer registrars
.mu registrations at around Rs 450/yr.

*- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.*
* |H|A|C|K|L|O|G|.|i|n|*

*https://twitter.com/IshSookun <https://twitter.com/IshSookun> ^^ Do you