Re: .mu update (was: Difference between someone who works)

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 18:48:14 +0000

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 5:50 PM, Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in> wrote:
> Hello SM,

Point 4 that I missed is that SM fits the criteria of being both a
Mauritian and an Internationally recognised Trusted Community
Representative.

ED25519 in DNS SSHFP was opposed by cryptographic standard bodies in
the US. SM was the first person to publish a formal specification for
ED25519 code point allocation in the IETF.

The chair of the cryptographic working group was affiliated to the
National Security Agency.

The view of all OpenSSH developers was that it was not possible to get
IANA to approve the code point allocation. SM successfully drived this
through.

I therefore believe that he cannot be influenced easily, and in the
Interest of National Security, he fits the bill. I do not know of any
other Mauritian matching all of those criterias.

_at_Ish, perhaps you know someone else who can fit those requirements ?

--
This message is strictly personal and the opinions expressed do not
represent those of my employers, either past or present.