Re: .mu update (was: Difference between someone who works)

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 18:33:10 +0000

On Fri, Mar 20, 2015 at 4:30 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:
> Hi Ish, Nadim,
>
> Ish, please do not forget the document.
>
> At 20:05 19-03-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>>
>> If we're to come on a consensus, I suggest the .mu problems should be
>> studied, discussed and resolved by a team of people having hands-on
>> experience in several of the mentioned fields; not by with whom they're
>> affiliated to.
>

> How much would the above cost? How long will it take to complete the work?

That seems to be what an employee should do. I think that before we go
to the question of actual design, we need to put a structure in place
so that we can support such activities through remuneration.

Since this is a major effort, I believe that someone should be hired,
as that person will have to write the design, come up with an
implementation plan, and drive it to make it real. Lastly, he will
have to manage on how to scale it, and maintain it in the future. I
therefore believe that someone should be hired, on a long-term basis
to make it sustainable.

I believe that SM should lead this initiative, given that
1) He has been heavily involved in organising and writing reports on
the discussions.

2) He has an international experience in DNS.

3) He is a trusted community representative, whose integrity cannot be
questioned.

Any objection ?

--
This message is strictly personal and the opinions expressed do not
represent those of my employers, either past or present.