Re: .mu update (was: Difference between someone who works)

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.in>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 21:50:03 +0400

​Hello SM,

> Hi Ish, Nadim,
>
> Ish, please do not forget the document.
>
> At 20:05 19-03-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>
>> If we're to come on a consensus, I suggest the .mu problems should be
>> studied, discussed and resolved by a team of people having hands-on
>> experience in several of the mentioned fields; not by with whom they're
>> affiliated to.
>>

> How much would the above cost? How long will it take to complete the work?

​Commenting and contributing ideas through a mailing list is easier but
working on a proposal/document requires more resources, in terms of time
and energy. I would not want to dedicate my time if the work ends in a
drawer. I would be very willing to contribute to the .mu forum if the
committee agrees upon my participation.

I would not be comfortable if I or others contribute through the mailing
list while little or no credit is given to MIU for the work achieved.

How can I contribute? I know about IT infrastructure, design and
implementation. I understand high-availability and security. I can help
with preparation of a proposal.

For the sake of transparency, I am a Team Leader (System) in the Research
and Development wing of a French ISP. I have previously worked for a
European telecom company and another French hosting provider. I am well
versed in datacenter operations, Unix\Linux System Administration and I
build services on applications such as Bind, Apache/Nginx/Lighttpd,
MySQL/MariaDB, Postfix, Squid among others.

​I was recently offered to be part of the ICT Advisory Council[1], to which
I have accepted.​ For those who want to know, the ICT Advisory Council as
per the ICT Act 2001 (as amended) comprises of a team of people advising
the Ministry on matters related to Information and Communication
Technologies. For more information please see Part VII Section 35 of the
ICT Act 2001.

I have arrangements with my employer that cater for my needs to be
available during community and user group activities. I am the PRO of the
Linux User Group Meta, Advocate and Local Coordinator for openSUSE and LoCo
Team Contact for Ubuntu.

​Should the committee require my presence during a meeting to discuss the
preparation of a proposal, I shall attend.​

[1] https://www.icta.mu/documents/laws/ictact.pdf

*- Geek by birth, Linux by choice.*
* |H|A|C|K|L|O|G|.|i|n|*

*https://twitter.com/IshSookun <https://twitter.com/IshSookun> ^^ Do you