Re: .mu update (was: Difference between someone who works)

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 20 Mar 2015 11:13:42 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 10:50 20-03-2015, Ish Sookun wrote:
>Commenting and contributing ideas through a mailing list is easier
>but working on a proposal/document requires more resources, in terms
>of time and energy. I would not want to dedicate my time if the work
>ends in a drawer. I would be very willing to contribute to the .mu
>forum if the committee agrees upon my participation.

Are you willing to write the entire proposal/document for free? How
long do you require to write the proposal/document?

>I would not be comfortable if I or others contribute through the
>mailing list while little or no credit is given to MIU for the work achieved.

I don't know whether the Mauritius Internet Users will be given credit.

>How can I contribute? I know about IT infrastructure, design and
>implementation. I understand high-availability and security. I can
>help with preparation of a proposal.

Ok. Please see the questions I asked.

>For the sake of transparency, I am a Team Leader (System) in the
>Research and Development wing of a French ISP. I have previously
>worked for a European telecom company and another French hosting
>provider. I am well versed in datacenter operations, Unix\Linux
>System Administration and I build services on applications such as
>Bind, Apache/Nginx/Lighttpd, MySQL/MariaDB, Postfix, Squid among others.

Which French ISP is that?

>I was recently offered to be part of the ICT Advisory Council[1], to
>which I have accepted. For those who want to know, the ICT Advisory
>Council as per the ICT Act 2001 (as amended) comprises of a team of
>people advising the Ministry on matters related to Information and
>Communication Technologies. For more information please see Part VII
>Section 35 of the ICT Act 2001.

Congratulations for being offered a seat on the ICT Advisory
Council. I hope that you will support the Mauritius Internet Users
on the issues which we have been discussing on this mailing list.