Re: Android application.

From: kritesh sunghoon <sodium238akadace_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 18:46:20 +0400

Hi Nadim,

Thanks for your feedback. [?]

Yeah, I will try to implement the ideas in your statement. It's indeed a
great idea, filtering the destination.

Infact, there are buses which actually leave the terminus as Express, but
at a certain point, they change the labelling.

For example, the bus of Express which leaves P.L for Triolet,they do label
it as "Express", but coming to Solitude, they change the label to 20
Triolet, thus I've thought that, it will be easier for the people, to just
select one route and they a exposed to all the necessary information.

Hi Shane,

Thank you too for your feedback. [?]

*Overall design*
Yes, gonna work in it. The funny thing is that, I thought it would not be a
good idea to have a plain color for the background, this is actually the
reason, I've opted otherwise.

*Find Schedule*
Infact, there is no database. At first, I have been thinking about building
up a xml and then retrieving the required information, but I had trouble
accessing the childnodes. Thus, I've ultimately decided to hardcode all
information and yes, I know it's a bad idea, I could use SQLite db but it
was too late, nearly 80% of the app was completed at that time. I was also
running out of time, lots of assignments, tests and was the only one behind
the scene, gathering info, coding etc.

The app is all about case statements and arrays of string.

*Info About Routes*
That's indeed a good idea.
Yes, I did forget about that. :X

*Future Improvement*
Thanks again for this one. I'll try my best.

Infact, there is something really interesting can be done by merging
*Nadim's* and your idea, destination filtering+ fulltext search+ SharedPref.

I'll do post it on GitHub soon, if I do it now, I have a tendency of
lacking behind in my uni works. As we all know, once the fun of programming
crops up, it's kinda hard to stop. :D

*Thank you for your awesome feedback. I do appreciate that. :)*

330.png
(image/png attachment: 330.png)