Re: .mu update

From: Loganaden Velvindron <loganaden_at_gmail.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 14:48:30 +0400

On Wed, Mar 18, 2015 at 2:32 PM, S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:
> Hi Logan, Ish,
> At 08:13 17-03-2015, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>>
>> Foreign expertise won't help in anyway here. It's been attempted before,
>> it
>> didn't work.
>

> The government representative suggested enlisting an member of the ICANN
> Board for the work. I commented that our group is against asking for
> foreign expertise. I don't know whether the .mu Select Committee will agree
> to that.

That would be an expensive process, and realistically, the chances of
it succeeding are as high as the last time that It was attempted. i.e
very low.

There are people who are aware of how IANA and DNS work in Mauritius,
and I don't see any good reason as to why we shouldn't have those
people in charge of driving this through. In fact, I think that so
far, we made more progress than when foreign consultants were brought
in.

--
This message is strictly personal and the opinions expressed do not
represent those of my employers, either past or present.