Re: .mu update

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 18 Mar 2015 03:32:14 -0700

Hi Logan, Ish,
At 08:13 17-03-2015, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
>Foreign expertise won't help in anyway here. It's been attempted before, it
>didn't work.

The government representative suggested enlisting an member of the
ICANN Board for the work. I commented that our group is against
asking for foreign expertise. I don't know whether the .mu Select
Committee will agree to that.

There is a .mu cost breakdown proposal at
http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/mu-registry-cost-breakdown-proposal.doc
As a representative of this group, I commented that the amount of
money in the proposal could be viewed as astronomical. I also
mentioned that those cost will have to be passed to people having .mu
domain names. In my opinion it is not possible to see a reduction in
the price of a .mu domain name if the cost is anywhere near the
figures mentioned in the proposal.

I don't think that .mu needs gold-platted DNS name servers. A
non-profit should not waste other people's money. That may happen if
the members do not ask whether the financial decisions of the
non-profit are good decisions.