Re: Can MIU become active again?

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sat, 01 May 2021 07:41:32 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 09:25 AM 23-04-2021, Ish Sookun wrote:
>We spoke a few days ago about fixing what's needed to make MIU active
>again. As per our conversation, the public archive requires a fix. Is it

The computer technical questions on one of the slides is an issue
which a person can encounter. Last month, there was a news article
about a similar issue. It is handled as a breach of ICT
law. However, the matter pertains to data protection or privacy
instead of ICT.

A foreign organization would not be able to do much about such
matters even if it was willing to help out. A few local
organizations could probably help out. I don't know whether those
organizations have the technical expertise to propose solutions which
would not have a negative impact on technology part.

We could take a "someone else will fix it" approach. I'll use the
current ICT proposal as an example. There is a belief that Facebook
will do something. The attempt to contact Facebook resulted in a
statement similar to the one at the bottom of this article:
http://r.elandsys.com/r/77322

The "I will try to fix it" approach has not been successful
locally. The practice of not giving credit to the person for his/her
work is a disincentive to be active or to share an analysis of an
issue. One way to tackle that is by pushing for better web linking.