RE: Proposing a panel discussion on ICTA's Consultation Paper

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2021 04:46:56 -0700

Hi Irshaad,
At 10:50 PM 27-04-2021, Irshaad Abdool wrote:
>I talked to some people, and asked for their
>opinion about that paper. The thing is, only
>those with quite a deep knowledge about IT
>understand really what is going to happen. For
>other people, they are like "NSS already spies
>on our comms right?". I believe too that maybe
>an explanation to layman would be needed as to
>the "dangers" of such a system in place.

I would consider the risks instead of what you
mentioned above. You may have noticed that some
local businesses are moving towards online
services. Such a change entails being confident
that the risks between the user and the online
service are manageable. The proposal increases
the risk. Let's look at a case; an online
service shows a transaction which the customer
did not initiate. Will the customer or the
online service be held responsible for the transaction?