Re: Mauritius Revenue Authority violates hostname convention

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_lsl.digital>
Date: Mon, 2 Oct 2017 16:08:46 +0400

Hi SM,

On 10/02/2017 10:46 AM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> In the message which you sent, there was an email header which might or
> might not be compliant with the technical standard(s) used by the
> Mauritius Revenue Authority.  The subject line says "violates hostname
> convention".  However, the message does not contain any information
> about the hostname convention or how it is being violated.

I used the "tweet content" as subject line for the email. Honestly, I
did not dig further more than just checking the email header about the
underscore use that was tweeted about.

Section 4.1.2 of RFC 5321 says:

   « To promote interoperability and consistent with long-standing
     guidance about conservative use of the DNS in naming and
     applications (e.g., see Section 2.3.1 of the base DNS document, RFC
     1035 [2]), characters outside the set of alphabetic characters,
     digits, and hyphen MUST NOT appear in domain name labels for SMTP
     clients or servers. »

As per the above isn't the use of domain "mra_esa1.mra.mu" in contrast
with the guidance mentioned.