Re: Security incident on bank website

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 20 Jul 2017 02:17:01 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 01:40 20-07-2017, Ish Sookun wrote:
>Your comment is clearer now. However, I am not sure that as per "local
>tradition", a group advocating WordPress, Drupal or similar platforms
>would officially comment on a WordPress security issue affecting a bank.
>Local tech groups mainly focus on promotion rather than criticizing.
>Well, you could argue that promoting "security" is something, but then
>again I'm not sure whether a WordPress group would take up to that.
>
>For some reading https://ma.tt/2015/04/a-bank-website-on-wordpress.

I read that blog article. I am not responsible for the advice given
by another person. :-)

A group would be seen as a marketing arm of the manufacturer if it
does not comment on, for example, the security aspects of a
software. In addition, it could be viewed as negligence if adequate
warnings were not provided.