Re: Deletion of biometric data

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 03 May 2017 12:22:00 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 11:52 03-05-2017, Ish Sookun wrote:
>Thanks. I found the MoHQL report. I will comment about it later.

Ok.

>A lot of what is promised actually never makes it to real-life use. A
>year ago there was a pompous launch by a minister about an eCitizen app
>[1]. What have we achieved? A few days ago the Prime Minister launched
>the Citizen Support Portal [2] which is « powered by Mauritius Telecom
>». Does it help any further to submit a request online while the
>"infrastructure & management" attending the request behind follows the
>same old procedure? Does making a complaint on paper, email or tweet
>make any difference if it is not attended?

The "eCitizen" app has between 500 to 1000
downloads. I took a quick look at the "Citizen
Support". The registration requires a National
ID number. It makes a difference when attended
and unattended complaints are visible as anyone
can access whether the service is efficient. I
doubt that a service would be efficient if it relies on the old procedures.

>The problem with the hospitals is not really about typing name or ID
>number of patients. It's most probably about registry mismanagement and
>poor use of information systems. Then scanning a bar code rather than
>typing a patient name does not fix the problem.

The problem is a classic in a course about
project management. You can confirm that by reading the report.