Re: User Declaration Form for National Identity Card

From: Rajnish Hawabhay <rhawabhay_at_govmu.org>
Date: Mon, 1 May 2017 03:59:17 +0000

Hi SM

I will put your query to the MNIS team so that they may provide the necessary information.

Regards
Rajnish

On 4/30/17, 4:17 PM, "S Moonesamy" <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com> wrote:

    Hi Rajnish,
    At 21:19 13-04-2017, Rajnish Hawabhay wrote:
>I will pass on the query to concerned officers for a reply.

    It has been over two weeks since you mentioned that you will pass my
    queries in respect to the National Identity Card to concerned
    officers. I have not received any reply from any public officer of
    the Ministry of Technology, Communication and Innovation since 14 April.

    I asked the Data Protection Office for information regarding the laws
    and regulations related to the National Identity Card. I was first
    directed to a web site on the Government Portal. I was advised to
    contact the Ministry of Technology, Communication and Innovation
    after I explained that I could not find the laws there. At the
    moment there are only the following laws/regulations publicly available:

       (a) National Identity Card Act 1985/1986

       (b) National Identity Card (Civil Identity Register) Regulations 2015

       (c) National Identity Card (Amendment) Regulations 2015

    Are the above the only laws and regulations related to the National
    Identity Card? I am asking this question as one of the principles of
    data protection states that personal data shall be processed "fairly
    and lawfully". I assume that you will agree that it would not be
    fair if information in respect to the laws and regulations for the
    National Identity Card were not provided to a person who is required
    by those laws to surrender personal data and sensitive personal data
    to the data controller or data processor.

Disclaimer Notice:

This e-mail message (including any attachments) is intended for the addressee only, and may contain confidential information. The unauthorised use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail or any information contained within it is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient, please notify the author and delete this e-mail (including any attachments) immediately in its entirety.

This e-mail message has been swept by a virus checker for the presence of known computer viruses. Besides, any opinion or other information in this email (including any attachments) that does not have anything to do with the official business of the Government of Mauritius, is personal to the author, and therefore does not engage any liability whatsoever of the Government of Mauritius.

The above statement does not constitute an acceptance of liability on the part of the Government of Mauritius or its employees in the event of technical or virus issues generated by this e-mail. It is the responsibility of the recipient to take adequate security measures. Further, the Government of Mauritius or its employees do not accept liability however arising, including liability for negligence, for any loss resulting from the use of or reliance upon the information contained in the email (including any attachments) and/or reliance or its availability at any time. The recipient must also verify/check any information with the relevant Government department(s) and/or other source(s), and to obtain any appropriate professional advice before acting on the contents of this email (including any attachments).