Re: Subscribing with personal email

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2017 00:26:53 -0700

Hi Shelly,
At 11:33 25-04-2017, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>fake online identity. We eventually lost half of our subscribers
>because of that and perhaps also discouraging potential subscribers.
>There have been several discussions (off-list) where people have
>been requesting to accept personal email and to implement a code

A few weeks ago, I attended a conference. Most of the attendees were
university students and employees with a couple of years of
experience. That means that the conference is about creating
awareness. Why weren't people with over 10 years of experience
interested in participating in the conference? About a week ago, I
attended a programming competition with a first prize of Rs
390,000. There weren't any programmers in Mauritius who were able to
win that prize. Does that mean that the programmers who say that
they have several years of experience do not have the skills which
you believe they have?

Nowadays, there are several software-related groups in
Mauritius. Anyone interested in learning about software can join one
or more of those groups. This group has a reputation for discussing
about problems which no other group in Mauritius has been able to
solve. The only principle which I passed to you, as the person
leading this group, is transparency. I am fine if you would like to
change that as I would like you to feel free to make your own choices.