Subscribing with personal email

From: Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2017 18:33:10 +0000

Hello SM,

I was reading the 'internet shutdown' thread [1] which led me to the AFRINIC mailing list. I was surprised to see that some subscribers use their personal email address (yahoo/gmail) instead of a company email address. I know we had the discussion about allowing subscribers to use their personal email address as it would increase the risk of fake online identity. We eventually lost half of our subscribers because of that and perhaps also discouraging potential subscribers. There have been several discussions (off-list) where people have been requesting to accept personal email and to implement a code of conduct to penalize any incorrect behavior.

I suggest we hold the discussion again on how we can be more welcoming to newcomers.

[1] https://lists.afrinic.net/pipermail/rpd/2017/thread.html