The staged interview

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2017 21:17:16 -0700

Hi Ish,

I read https://hacklog.mu/are-graduates-underpaid-in-mauritius/ I'll
comment about it as I co-hosted the panel discussion with
Sandeep. The interview was very short due as we had to fit in into
the ten-minute slot for each topic. I don't recall the
questions. Sandeep and I chose the four questions to help students
understand the pitfalls of a job interview. I'll comment about the
comments in the blog article:

   (a) bad career guidance in colleges

   (b) our system is flawed in many aspects

   (c) I indeed think that Rs 12,000 is not a humane salary for any graduate,
      or even anyone who has even done HSC.

I am not part of any group which involved in (a). I hope that we can
agree that it is not my task to fix (a) and (b) as I am not part of
any local developer group, or involved in education or training at
secondary or tertiary level. As for (c), I asked university students
about that. If a junior developer wants to earn the same salary as a
senior developer, he/she should be able to do the tasks which a
senior developer is doing. Will the person be able to fix an XSS
flaw? Is the person able to write an email to explain the fix?