Re: External activities

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 04 Apr 2017 22:09:58 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 03:32 04-04-2017, Ish Sookun wrote:
>The strict practices on this mailing list have been beneficial to avoid
>or at least limit quarrels to just a few days. However, the same
>practices have not been beneficial to get new members.

I agree that the practice does not encourage new persons from
joining. The following is probably not a significant issue if you
are a junior employee. Let's assume that a person is:

   (a) Working as a web developer for a company in Mauritius

   (b) Representing a PHP group in Mauritius

   (c) Representing a Linux group in Mauritius

   (d) Receiving money from the government as a political nominee

It may be possible to resolve the conflict of interest issue for any
two in the above. It gets confusing for more than two. Is the
person promoting his/her self-interests, the interests of the company
he/she is working for, etc.?