Re: www.lexpress.mu and ping

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_lsl.digital>
Date: Wed, 5 Apr 2017 09:54:25 +0400

Hi SM,

On 04/05/2017 06:09 AM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> Is there a technical reason for blocking ping?

Thank you for bringing this to my attention.

ICMP was indeed blocked to the outside world. It was limited to our
private network for troubleshooting purposes. This was not the case
previously.

ICMP is now allowed.

I understand it would be useful when troubleshooting from the outside as
well, especially when you report a slow experience, as you did in the past.

I drink coffee and manage Linux servers for lexpress.mu.