Issue of National Identity Card

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 11:15:19 -0700

Dear Mr Hawabhay,

I visited the web site of the government to find information about
the issue of the National Identity Card. I found the following web
page: http://csd.pmo.govmu.org/English/Pages/Services.aspx The web
page does not provide any information about the issuance of a
National Identity Card. I received an error when I tried to contact
the Civil Status Office by email (
http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2017/03/6005.html
). I am copying this message to the Civil Status Office and the
Ministry of Technology, Communication and Innovation in case there is
any doubt about me trying to contact those government agencies.

Could you please help me by putting me in contact with the relevant
government official who may be able to explain the procedures for the
issuance of a National Identity Card to me?