Should we consider fingerprint minutiae as biometric data?

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 15 Mar 2017 00:07:39 -0700

Hi Ish,

There is the following at
https://hacklog.mu/should-we-consider-fingerprint-minutiae-as-biometric-data/

   "My question is whether fingerprint minutiae constitute of
biometric data and
    its storage on the card complies with the Data Protection Act."

There is some information about that in a judgement given in October
2016. I don't understand the meaning of "Subject to the alteration
of para 5". I suggest asking the Data Protection Commissioner for
advice about that if you are interested in the matter.

In the blog article, you mentioned the "consent form". Did you ask
the Data Protection Commissioner about that?