Re: New User Introduction 18 10 2016

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Tue, 18 Oct 2016 00:55:04 -0700

Hi Abdur-Rahmaan,
At 22:11 17-10-2016, Palm Tree wrote:
>I am Abdur-Rahmaan Janhangeer. I am interested in joining the
>mailing list in an attempt to help popularising nice
>internet-related discussions open to all Mauritians.

Thank you for the introduction.

There has been a case of abuse from a gmail.com subscriber. Last
year, I had to explain to the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry of
Technology, Communication and Innovation that there is a requirement
of transparency for this group. The two members of the ICT Advisory
Council [1] who were present were quite docile during that discussion.

One of the measures which was adopted because of the above is to
accept subscriptions from business email addresses, or university
email addresses if the subscriber is a student. The mailing list is
open to non-subscribers who wish to send messages which are related
to the internet in Mauritius. As an example, please see
http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2016/09/5811.html

1.
http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2016/08/5717.html