Re: Open Data Policy

From: Roukaya Kasenally <rkasenally_at_africanmediainitiative.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Sep 2016 15:30:23 +0400

Dear Mr Moonesamy,
Thanks for your email. I adhere to your concerns and feel that Mauritius
wants merely to run trophy type project which will earn it good scoring
marks but that might not really have a social impact.
The ODI has been a pet project of the WB, together with the OGP to get
governments to be come transparent and accountable in their doings - easier
said than done. Moresoever, one has to have the necessary ecosystem in
place. I have a number of friends who are currently fronting the Code for
Africa who are interested in the Mauritius case.
It would be great to hear what are your main concerns concerning the ODP
for Mauritius. Is the report public?
Best
Roukaya

--
Dr Roukaya Kasenally
Senior Advisor Media Development
African Media Initiative
D.V Kapila & Advocates Building
Next to African Union Offices
Off Westlands Road, Westlands, Nairobi.
P.O. Box 51366, GPO 0100
t +(254) 20 269 4004 / 700 857 024
f +(254) 20 210 6274
Email: rkasenally_at_africanmediainitiative.org
*This e-mail is confidential and is intended solely for the addressee. Any
unauthorized use of the contents is expressly prohibited. If you are not
the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any use, distribution,
disclosure or copying of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please immediately notify the sender and
delete it from your system. E-mail communication cannot be guaranteed to be
reliable, secure, error-free or virus-free. Accordingly, African Media
Initiative will not accept liability for any damage sustained as a result
of any virus, error or incompleteness of this e-mail or any failure to
deliver promptly or at all information exchanged between you and African
Media Initiative by this means. If you suspect that this e-mail may have
been intercepted or amended, please contact the sender.”*