Open Data Policy

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 29 Sep 2016 11:14:42 -0700

Dear Ms Kassenally,

I listened to your comments about an Open Data Policy for
Mauritius. Thank you for raising the window-dressing issue. Last
year, the Ministry of Technology, Innovation and Communication and
the World Bank held public consultations about an Open Data
Policy. I explained the local context to the World Bank officials as
some concepts which may have worked in other countries are not
applicable to Mauritius as the local environment is different. In
January, an official from the Ministry stated that the Open Data
Policy will be implemented by the end of this year.

There is some information about the Kenya Open Data portal failing at
https://sunlightfoundation.com/blog/2013/09/23/why-kenyas-open-data-portal-is-failing-and-why-it-can-still-succeed