RE: ICTA: trois rapports annuels manquent à l’appel

From: Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 7 Sep 2016 21:05:52 +0400

Hello SM,

Yes, I would like to thank Ish who had the guts to send Mr Bhadain an email regarding ICT Authority

http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2016/01/4944.html

> There is a news article at
> http://www.lexpress.mu/article/288897/icta-faute-dimprimeur-trois-rapports-annuels-pas-disponibles
> about the ICTA Annual Reports. According to the news report, the
> problem is because the ICTA financial department has not been asked
> to choose a printer. It is also mentioned that the ICTA Board has
> not had a meeting since a long time.

This news reflect their competence and their vision for a smart Mauritius. Is is acceptable for ICTA to say that there was no printer or funding in order to print the reports? What about publishing the reports online? What about transparency?

> The request for the ICTA Annual Reports was made in October 2015
> [1]. On 21 October, the Director of Marketing and Communications [2]
> sent a reply to inform me that "that the Annual Reports 12-13-14 have
> all been sent to the relevant institutions as per the statutory
> obligations". I would like to thank Mr Sookun as he is the only
> member of the ICT Advisory Council who followed up on the matter [3].

I am sad to end this email with the following:
#wearedoomed

Kind regards,
Shelly Hermia Bhujun