National Open Source Software Policy

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2016 11:10:23 -0700

Hi Ajay,

There is now a National Open Source Software Policy for the Republic
of Mauritius. The policy states that the government "recognizes the
added value of different communities based on open source
collaboration and development model" and that it shall support
community building of non-profit organizations.

In my opinion, it is better to leave the Open Source Software part to
LUGM as this group does not promote products from a specific vendor
or Open Source Software. I am interested in open standards and open
data formats which are related to the internet. I would like to
support that as part of this group if there are other subscribers
also interested in the matter.