National Innovation Framework

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sat, 18 Jun 2016 01:54:03 -0700

Hi Ish,

I read https://hacklog.mu/national-innovation-framework/ Yesterday,
I read about a Startup in South Africa. I also watched a video about
Shenzhen, China. I found them innovating. One of the interesting
part of the Startup was that it created much more than a web
site. In comparison with local web sites, it looks like companies
expect web developers to find the ideas. Is that why those local web
sites are not innovative?

There are stores where you can buy parts for a hardware product. The
price to fix a smartphone screen was Rs 780. For what it is worth,
there are local stores which offer similar services. It is probably
much more expensive, in Mauritius, to fix a smartphone screen. The
cost of an imitation of the iPhone, which was available before the
genuine product was launched, was Rs 5,200.

I see that you counted the number of times the word "we" was
mentioned. :-) What was the feedback about 100 Mbits/sec local access?