Contributing information

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2016 12:14:02 -0700

Dear Dr Ramchurn,

A few days ago, I asked why Waze does not work in Mauritius and what
can be done to "fix" that. Unfortunately, nobody from the panel
suggested a "fix". Last year [1], I mentioned that it could be that
people are not used to contributing information. Is there a cultural
issue? A quick comparison between Mauritius and Reunion Island might
point to that.

I sent a comment to the University of Mauritius about its WiFi access
[2]. Is the lack of adequate internet connectivity discouraging
people in Mauritius from contributing information?

1.
http://www.elandsys.com/~sm/realtime-traffic-information-mauritius-reunion.html
2. http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2016/05/5547.html