Re: Expecting timely replies from public officers

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sun, 24 Apr 2016 08:42:45 -0700

Hi Ish,
At 10:57 23-04-2016, Ish Sookun wrote:
>Though the Ombudsman mentions about letters, the situation is worst
>for emails I suppose. I made a complaint to the Independent
>Broadcasting Authority, both through email and letter, in February
>2016 and while the authority replied I will be contacted during the
>investigation, I haven't heard anything till now. I suppose the
>authority must be very busy.

I usually receive replies from government agencies. It can be
difficult to get an adequate reply when that the issue is about a
technical matter. As an example, I wrote to the Chief Technical
Officer of the Ministry of Technology, Communication and Innovation
in September 2015 to ask about some technical specifications. I
received timely replies. I still haven't received the information
about the technical specifications.