RE: MIU Objective

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Mon, 28 Mar 2016 11:04:42 -0700

Hi Shelly,
At 10:27 28-03-2016, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>Congratulations for having 'achieved' one of the MIU objectives
>which is getting 100Mbps local Internet access. Unfortunately, it is
>not affordable as you once asked Mike.

I don't think that the objective was achieved as Rs 3999 is not what
I consider as an affordable price for 100 Mbps.

>Did the ICT Advisory Council reply to you or are you still on the
>waiting list although the 100Mbps is already available?

The ICT Advisory Council's Chairman sent the following reply: "I'm
sure that better bandwidth will be part of the issues to be covered".

>I won't even call it competition. We may have three ISPs but we can
>only hear about Orange and Emtel. Emtel made a huge impact with its
>ads and promotion but ended up being right after Orange because the
>customers were disappointed. Orange is now leading the way better
>than ever with the 100Mbps advertising even though customers will
>barely be able to afford this service. It is unfortunate to witness
>how Mauritius is being tagged as a smart city when most of its
>Internet users are stuck with slow bandwidth.

Emtel has done a lot of advertising. However, Mauritius is the
leader and its latest offer shows that it can offer better than its
competitors.

>I am happy to see that the emails you sent requesting for the
>100Mbps is now being advertised as a premium service in Mauritius :)

:-)