Re: Council Reports for the year 2015

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2016 00:25:13 -0800

Hi Ish,
At 06:58 11-03-2016, Ish Sookun wrote:
>the Council meetings for a proper debate. I recall having initially
>asked you to address issues directly to the Secretary of the
>Council. It's been now agreed that each member representing
>"consumers" may accept those emails and address accordingly.

Thank you for the update. I would like to commend you for raising
this matter in the ICT Advisory Council and sharing the results openly.

>Regarding council reports, although it appeared a favorable idea for
>transparency, at the end of the debate it was retained that any
>"publishing" remains at the discretion of the Minister, if it is not
>expressly stated in the ICT Act. However, it was also agreed that
>matters brought up members representing consumers, will be debated
>and the members can report back. At this stage though it is not the
>minutes of meetings that would be communicated but only the decision
>of the Council resulting those debates.

I would like to suggest "publishing" the views of all the
representatives of consumers on issues which are said to have been
raised by consumers as the Information and Communication Technologies
Act states that those members are representing consumers. There is a
representative of the Joint Economic Council on the Council. Would
the person be allowed to report back views which have been expressed
on behalf of the Joint Economic Council or would the person only be
allowed to communicate the decision?

At 07:01 11-03-2016, Ish Sookun wrote:
>I forgot to add in the previous email I also raised the issues pertaining to:
>
>- ICTA Annual Reports
>- GOC Compliance Standards

Thank you for following up on the above.