Re: Security implications

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu>
Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2016 10:57:12 +0400

Hi SM,

On 03/08/2016 10:35 PM, S Moonesamy wrote:

> I watched the video. Last year, Professor Robert Carmona-Borjas
> published a news article about Mauritius.

I read
http://www.businessinsider.com/an-emerging-vacation-destination-has-a-troubling-human-rights-record-2015-9.
While the professor wrote serious concerns about the practice of
"provisional charge" by the Mauritius Police Force, I share the same
opinion. I quote:

        "By ignoring persistent recommendations from the UK to scrap the
practice of provisional arrest, by ensuring that security forces may
continue to arbitrarily detain citizens with impunity, Mauritius has
shown an utter disregard for established principles of due process."

The above does not portray Mauritius in a good way.

> Would a company take a decision by assuming that someone else assessed
> the security implications?

I don't get this question. Can you please elaborate?

Cheers,

- I blog at HACKLOG.mu.