Re: Front-end developer

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Fri, 04 Mar 2016 02:44:19 -0800

Hi Sruti,
At 23:31 03-03-2016, RAKSHEETA JUGHDHARREE wrote:
> From what I am learning, a front-end developer creates the
> interface of a website based on the design of a graphic designer.
> He/she uses HTML/CSS, Javascript, PHP etc. The front-end developer
> must be familiar with graphic deisign too and hence, photoshop
> skills. He/she also takes into consideration of user-experience.
> User experience relates to how an end user feels when he/she is
> using a website. Making things/writings on the website more
> readable is a good user experience.
>
>The designer/developer must take into consideration what audience
>he/she is targeting. He/she must keep in mind that the website will
>be available to anyone.
>
>User experience includes performance of the website. If the website
>is taking too long to load, it will be considered as a bad user experience.

Thanks for the above. The job title can be digital designer instead
of graphics designer. Most of the local work does not fit within the
medium in which it is shared. I don't know whether it was a graphics
designer or a Front-end developer who did the work. Does that point
to a low understanding of web technologies? Would a
designer/developer be able to take into consideration the audience
he/she is targeting if he/she does not have any experience of that
audience? That might be one of the reasons for the salary discrepancy.