RE: Young people and NGOs

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Sun, 28 Feb 2016 11:11:23 -0800

Hi Shelly,
At 07:03 28-02-2016, Shelly Hermia Bhujun wrote:
>I think it is difficult to be involved in NGOs especially for
>working people. It is interesting to be part of an NGO, especially
>for networking and when it comes to

Networking is about getting other persons to know you. Linkedin as
that is one way to advertise your skills and experience, and getting
other people to know you. In my opinion Linkedin is not always used
correctly. Do you receive recommendations [1]? That helps an
employer to verify whether the information which you provided is correct.

There is a section about "Volunteer Experience & Causes". I suggest
responding to a request for recommendation on behalf of the Mauritius
Internet Users so that the claims of a volunteer can be verified. I
suggest being careful in making a recommendation as it affects your
credibility when you recommend a person who has made incorrect claims
on his/her profile.

1.
https://help.linkedin.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/96/~/request-a-recommendation