Re: ICT Advisory Council Monthly Meeting Postponed

From: Ish Sookun <ish_at_hacklog.mu>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 21:58:45 +0400

Hi Sun,

On 02/25/2016 09:41 PM, Sun wrote:

> I believe this was referred to your person. Were you aware that the
> meeting was postponed because of your detention?

I am aware that the meeting was postponed but no reason was stated.

> Will the ICTA Council stop functioning because a member was not being
> able to enjoy his freedom?

I have been absent in previous meetings and those meetings proceeded as
usual. I do not believe the ICT Advisory Council would stop functioning
with my absence. In fact, I decreased physical presence in the meetings
as going there and contributing ideas is more time consuming and it
became disappointing to not-find points that I raised, in the notes of
meetings. To ensure that things that I say stay on record, I prefer
contributing to the ICT Advisory Council through emails.

> Also, I sadly could not find any public statement from the ICT Advisory
> Council that one of their crucial member was being detained, or any
> opinion from their members in the capacity of council member.

Perhaps only politicians get support from their peers when they face a
trial in Mauritius.

- I blog at HACKLOG.mu.