RE: Council Reports for the year 2015

From: Shelly Hermia Bhujun <shelly_hermia_at_hotmail.com>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 22:28:59 +0400

Dear Mr Meetoo,

>Existing laws do not require the Council to produce any report and, consequently, there are no reports for 2015. In 2016, the >Council will work on an Open Data strategy and an Open Source strategy for the country and we will hopefully have a report ready >for the Minister of ICT and Innovation in a few months once all members of the Council have provided their inputs and these have >been consolidated.
I am sorry if I may have misunderstood, do you mean that the ICT Advisory Council reports will not be available to the public? I think it will be encouraging to share the reports with those who are willing to contribute to the betterment of ICT in Mauritius. It seems like the ICT Advisory Council does not want to interact with Internet Users or to share information.

There are three members who have been recruited and they are suppose to represent consumers, purchasers and other users of Information and Communication Services, including telecommunication services [1]. Mr Giovanni sent them an email and the only person who managed to reply to his queries so far was Mr Sookun.

>For your information, we have not yet met in 2016 as we had to postpone our meeting as one of our members was detained.
Mr Ramgolam started a new thread on our mailing list and the member detained replied to his question. According to the email replied, the ICT Advisory Council held its previous meetings even thought the member was absent [2].

>What is important is that all people who want to make Mauritius better work together instead of one against the other.
I agree with what you said and this is why we are requesting for the Council Reports.

[1] http://mtci.govmu.org/English/Dept-Bodies/Pages/ICTAdvisoryCouncil.aspx
[2] http://lists.elandnews.com/archive/mauritius/internet-users/2016/02/5294.html

Kind regards,
Shelly Hermia Bhujun