Re: Council Reports for the year 2015

From: Jules Mike Giovanni <johnally_at_eml.cc>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 05:57:16 -0800

Hi Shane,

I do not understand why you cling that to the word "passive-aggressive"
and present my approach as "bullying". In all honesty, I'm asking
questions and I'm sorry if you feel that the respondent will take
offense from it or be on the defensive. If requesting for answers or
questioning the operation of an entity problematic to your eyes, it is
not the case to mines.

> You can't bully the ICTA into writing reports for you by sending passive-
> aggressive emails to its chairman.

I did not request the reports to be written, I requested for the
reports. Those are two different things.

> He's not going to get fired simply for ignoring rude emails.

Do you think that was the intention behind my e-mail?

> You will have better luck getting organisations to do things for you
> if you display some empathy.

As long as we see organisations as you mean, we will have the tendency
to let mistakes slide through. Again, I don't care about the internals
of any organisation I'm not part of. In effect, I should NOT be in a
position to show empathy. Empathy happens ONLY in the organisation. As
a consumer, I care only about the service/product being given to me.
As an organisation you cannot expect empathy from your consumers or
the industry.

It's management 101!

P.S Earlier in my e-mail I said I was sorry if you feel in a certain way
    but to honest, I don't. I have my own perception on various matters
    and how I tackle them boils down to how things operate here in
    Mauritius.

Regards, Mike

--
http://www.fastmail.com - Access your email from home and the web