Re: Council Reports for the year 2015

From: Vy-Shane Sin Fat <shane_at_node.mu>
Date: Thu, 25 Feb 2016 22:47:56 +0800

On Thu, Feb 25, 2016 at 9:57 PM, Jules Mike Giovanni <johnally_at_eml.cc>
wrote:

> Hi Shane,
>
> I do not understand why you cling that to the word "passive-aggressive"
> and present my approach as "bullying". In all honesty, I'm asking questions
> and I'm sorry if you feel that the respondent will take offense from it or
> be on the defensive. If requesting for answers or questioning the operation
> of an entity problematic to your eyes, it is not the case to mines.
>

> You can't bully the ICTA into writing reports for you by sending
> passive-aggressive emails to its chairman.
>

> I did not request the reports to be written, I requested for the reports.
> Those are two different things.
>

> He's not going to get fired simply for ignoring rude emails.
>

> Do you think that was the intention behind my e-mail?
>

> You will have better luck getting organisations to do things for you if
> you display some empathy.
>

> As long as we see organisations as you mean, we will have the tendency to
> let mistakes slide through. Again, I don't care about the internals of any
> organisation I'm not part of. In effect, I should NOT be in a position to
> show empathy. Empathy happens ONLY in the organisation. As a consumer, I
> care only about the service/product being given to me. As an organisation
> you cannot expect empathy from your consumers or the industry.
>
> It's management 101!

It's obvious that we're talking past each other at this point. I suggest
that we take this off-list and spare the rest of the subscribers the
never-ending thread. An IM chat would be even better, if you're so
inclined. I'm working tonight, but I can spare a half-hour chat.

> P.S Earlier in my e-mail I said I was sorry if you feel in a certain way
> but to honest, I don't. I have my own perception on various matters and how
> I tackle them boils down to how things operate here in Mauritius.

You don't have to feel sorry or apologise because you have a different
point of view.