Re: Council Reports for the year 2015

From: Avinash Meetoo <avinash_at_knowledge7.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 15:39:36 +0400

Hi Jules,

Here are my answers to your questions:

Existing laws do not require the Council to produce any report and,
consequently, there are no reports for 2015. In 2016, the Council will work
on an Open Data strategy and an Open Source strategy for the country and we
will hopefully have a report ready for the Minister of ICT and Innovation
in a few months once all members of the Council have provided their inputs
and these have been consolidated.

For your information, we have not yet met in 2016 as we had to postpone our
meeting as one of our members was detained.

As Chairperson during those few months, I've had to deal with countless
issues which, in my opinion, I should not have had to deal with and which
have collectively delayed our work. Given the constraints we have, we are
trying to do our best.

What is important is that all people who want to make Mauritius better work
together instead of one against the other.

Avinash Meetoo

--
*Avinash Meetoo*
*Founder and CEO of Knowledge Seven*