Technical specifications for National Identity Card

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Wed, 24 Feb 2016 02:23:58 -0800

Hi Rajnish,

I sent a request about the technical specifications for the National
Identity Card in September 2015. You promptly replied that the
Ministry of Technology, Communication and Innovation is looking into
it. I still haven't received the technical specifications.

I read a blog article about an appeal to the Data Protection
Commissioner (
https://hacklog.mu/appeal-to-the-data-protection-commissioner/
). The blog article mentions that "the technical standard for
photograph is ISO/IEC 19794-5".

Would it be possible to get the technical specifications for the
National Identity Card?

Is the Ministry still working on a web site for the National Identity
Card? It's been over five months.