Continuous Multipurpose Household Survey (CMPHS)

From: Tejas (Nirvan) Pagooah <"Tejas>
Date: Tue, 23 Feb 2016 20:13:19 +0400

Hello,

Yesterday, one of the "enquĂȘteurs" of Statistics Mauritius came to my
place for the Continuous Multipurpose Household Survey (CMPHS) [1]. In
the survey, my relatives and I were asked few questions related to the
Internet. The survey was not only restricted to questions related to the
internet.

 From what I remember, I was asked questions like:

(1) Do I have internet access at my place?
(2) What is the frequency of internet access/usage per person on a
daily basis and weekly basis
(3) How many computers do I have?
(4) How many 'smartphones' and 'tablets' or 'phablets' do we have?
(5) What is the purpose of internet per user?
         - eCommerce, social media, education, distance learning
(6) What type of internet connection do I have (ADSL, WiFi Etc.)
(7) Do I access the internet using my smartphone or my desktop
machine (per user)
(8) How much do I pay for internet per month?
(9) How much money do I spent on internet using my mobile
(10) From where do I use/access the internet?
         - From work, university, home
(11) Apart from my place, do I access the internet from other places?

The whole survey questioning process lasted for some 45 minutes
including other questions not related to the internet.

[1] http://statsmauritius.govmu.org/English/Documents/CMPHS2016.pdf

*Tejas (Nirvan) Pagooah*
CTO, Graphics Temple