Re: Promoting the interest of consumers

From: S Moonesamy <sm+mu_at_elandsys.com>
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2016 10:53:42 -0800

Hi Ish,
At 08:08 22-02-2016, Ish Sookun wrote:
>Yes, I agree, the consumer should not be dealing
>with internal dilemmas but the consumer should
>be keen to fix a broken culture in a country.
>Who tolerated bad practices since years? I take
>leave from my job to attend the meetings, I
>request info which I never receive, for the past
>year I NEVER met any of the TCI Minister as a
>member of the ICT Advisory Council... Then WHO
>is advising the Minister? My voice all alone
>makes no difference. You, Shruti, SM or a
>hundred more members could shout at me, it will
>still make no difference. Somebody said that
>laws are not properly applied in this country
>;-) Does it ring the bell whether sections of
>the ICT Act are being properly applied?

In your reply you mentioned that the Chairmain of
the ICT Advisory Council receives a monthly
salary. Aren't you tolerating bad practices by
not asking the Chairman to see that you get the
information which you requested as member of the ICT Advisory Council?

According to the ICT Act you were consulted for
the appointment of five members of the ICT
Board. Did you do any evaluation to find out
whether the persons have some expertise and
experience in internet-related matters?

On linkedin.com, under "Causes et expériences de
bénévolat", the membership of the ICT Advisory
Council is listed. Do you mention that you are a
member of the ICT Advisory Council on a
curriculum vitae? Would you provide any details
about the work which you did on the ICT Advisory
Council or would you ask the future employer to contact the Council Secretary?

You mentioned "my voice alone makes no
difference"; please see
http://1net-mail.1net.org/pipermail/discuss/2014-February/002271.html
What is your opinion about that?